Work permits

We process work permits at Gabrielino!

Come in the College and Career Center to pick up an application or print it out yourself.  To get a Work Permit, you must have all of these:

  • Completed signed application
  • Proof of Age (driver’s license, student ID are OK)

Incomplete forms will not be processed.

The application form is only the Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit. In completing the application, note the following:

  • Parent/Guardian must sign and date the section titled, “For Parent or Guardian to Complete” at the bottom half of the application
  • Student must fill in the portions of the application “For Minor to Complete”
  • Employer must complete the middle part of the application. The employer must sign the application; which indicates the employer has “Workers’ Compensation” insurance and list the hours of work for the student and wage
The following students do NOT need work permits: 
  • Those who have graduated from high school, regardless of age
  • Those who have passed the California High School Proficiency Examination
  • Those who are 18 years-of-age or older
For more information about federal and state labor laws for young workers, please visit YouthRules!